or rather how i have started out my new year.
- by throwing your back-out at a weight lighting class at the gym, while the instructor kept yelling at you (but actually it's me) to "ride the pony" (could hardly sit down for about 10 days)
- have a secret addiction to valentine's candy and hope no one finds out, except obviously your dentist because you know you are gonna get a cativity
- get a job...YES! im so excited to be heading back to st. mark's hopsital, i start in february and although i will only be working 4 days a month, im happy to get back to helping momma's bring their new little babes into the world!
- bite your tongue (not literally)...but this has saved me over the past couple weeks, think before you talk...it actually works sometimes
- hit your hand hard against your door in your basement because you are so ticked that your house is dirty AGAIN! and possibly leave an indention of your fist...which is a great reminder that you need to chill out sometimes
- quit feeling bad about throwing your hair into a pony...but rather be grateful it is long enough to throw into a pony, invest in a few cute headbands and viola - you are ready to go for the day!
- get a new calling at church...i know it might be hard to believe, but you are actually reading the blog of the new young women's president in my church ward (shock & awe, autographs later or sympathy cards welcomed)...but the truth of the matter is after three weeks i feel really lucky and blessed and excited about it...i have 35 beautifully amazing, fun girls that i get to work with throughout the year and it's gonna be great
- pay down a student loan by 80%, that's sure tomake you feel good :)
- run outside between 2-4pm with the sun shining, just warm enough to let your lungs enjoy that nice, brisk january air, and luv every minute of those beautiful utah mountains
- set a goal, like maybe to read the book: JESUS THE CHRIST, we are doing it this year as a Young Women's...join us, it's going to be an amazing journey!
- go to the byu basketball game vs sdsu and get your own kinda "zumba workout" by jumping up and down, shaking what your momma gave you and being jazzed about some seriously fun basketball to watch (yes that is a life size cut out of jimmer that my dad not only took to the game but all around provo on game day...)
- continuously splash at your mommy when you take a bubble bath while laughing and laughing and laughing and also while causing a big mess(but nobody cares cause your laugh is so cute!)
- get a cold but then still smile for the camera because your mommy makes you fruit smoothies, cuddles you up in your blankie and turns on the dvd that you are currently obsessed with (SHE-RA) and lets you watch it ALL - DAY - LONG
- let this same child come in your bed in the weeee hours of the morning to snuggle and then as she pats your face and tells you she luvs you but then adds "momma, why are your teeth yellow?"...do not take it personal.
- get new glasses...because the school nurse actually was right, you needed them (those dang nurses, always right) but be excited about picking out a cute blue pair that match your beautiful eyes and be proud to tell everyone "just so you know, these make me smarter"
how is your new year starting out...i would luv to hear...do you set new year's resolutions, goals, or adjust schedules or get excited about organization...do you read this blog anymore...have i lost my touch...
i miss alot of you friends and think about you often!
PS! Leave a comment & if you are interested I am giving away 2 copies of JESUS THE CHRIST, along with a reading outline for the year! I will draw 2 names on Tuesday night (February 1st)!
PSS...if you have your own copy of Jesus the Christ and want to follow along, this was the first week of our reading and you should be at page 17! This coming week we are reading to page 34! We will finish our reading December 11th!